Charging Bull is a bronze sculpture by artist Arturo Di Modica that stands near Wall Street in NYC. The charging bull, a forceful allegory of market optimism, has become the symbol of Wall Street and the Financial District, and one of the most popular tourist attractions in New York City.
BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Whether an entrepreneur, CEO, CIO, doctor, lawyer or teacher, to be competitive in today’s workplace, there is a high expectation for professional computer skills. The Massachusetts Department of Education has recommended that by the time a student graduates from LHS, he or she should demonstrate more advanced levels of proficiency in the use of technology. From Information Technology through CIM I, CIM II and Web Page, the Business & Technology Department offers a continuously improving technology skills base. These same entrepreneurs, electrical engineers, CEOs, doctors, nurses, etc. must be prepared with a strong understanding of the local, national and international world of business. From Introduction to Business through Accounting, Honors Accounting, Economics, and an array of law and management courses, students develop a solid foundation for college, the business world, and the management of personal financial and legal affairs.
EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENT LEARNING
STUDENT WHO STUDY BUSINESS AT LONGMEADOW HIGH SCHOOL ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Demonstrate the ability to use the computer as an effective tool to: communicate information, access information from online resources, illustrate data collection results, and assist in problem solving.
- Know and apply basic business concepts and theories involving the production and distribution of goods and services, how to use the results of production as consumers and to make sound decisions as citizens.
- Appreciate cultural differences and respect how they will affect business situations within an international marketplace.
- Demonstrate a positive work ethic and understand the necessity of workplace privacy and confidentiality.
- Develop an awareness of career opportunities available within the business community.
BUSINESS DEPARTMENT FACULTY
Sport & Event Management class recently hosted the "1st Annual Jersey Day & Super Bowl Bake Off" at the high school. Students were invited to wear NFL apparel and to participate in the Bake off today after school. Anyone wearing NFL gear is invited to participate as a judge for the contest. Students have gotten four official sponsors of the event: Starbucks, Great Harvest, White Hut and Luigi's. Prizes are awarded to the four top voted baked goods.