At Least two full-year foundation courses in science are required of all students. Parents and students should note that the Massachusetts University system requires three full-year science courses for admission.
EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENT LEARNING
STUDENTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Use the methods of scientific inquiry to plan, conduct, draw conclusions, and evaluate scientific investigations.
- Build understanding of fundamental concepts of science by making connections between the various science disciplines.
- Conduct scientific investigations that lead to understandings of natural scientific processes.
- Observe, collect, organize, and evaluate scientific data.
- Improve scientific skills of observing, measuring, replicating experiments, manipulating equipment, and collecting and reporting data through engagement in laboratory activities and fieldwork.
- Study and learn about important historical and contemporary investigations and solutions that have led to new knowledge about the world around them.
- Convey scientific understandings to others in both a written and verbal form so as to effectively share scientific ideas relating to themselves and the world around them.
- Learn the fundamental concepts required for competency in various science disciplines.