EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENT LEARNING
Students who study at Longmeadow High School should be able to:
1. Sing and/or play instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Read music written in standard notation.
3. Improvise, compose, and arrange music.
4. Describe and analyze their own music and the music of others using appropriate vocabulary and interpret the meaning of the works citing structural elements and expressive qualities to justify their interpretations.
5. Demonstrate their understanding of styles, stylistic influence, and stylistic change by identifying when and where art works were created, and by analyzing characteristic features of art works from historical periods, cultures, and genres.